Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New post, same as the old post

Anyone know where I got that title from? No matter. It would only prove how old I am. My point is, I don't really have much to say, but it's been more than a week since someone posted here, and there's nothing as boring as a stagnant blog.

I thought seriously of changing to the new Blogger template, but I thought better of it. I will, eventually, just have too many things on my mind right now. Not that I'm very busy ... Okay, FedEx just delivered a template I needed, so I actually have something to do. Sort of. But mostly, two jobs on hold (bills not on hold, unfortunately). My teaching job at SFSU to start in two weeks. My other teaching job at CCCE to start in two months. Lots of po biz deadlines coming up. I NEED TO GET ORGANIZED!

But where to start? When my son used to freak out about disorganization, I would tell him it doesn't matter where you start. Start anywhere. I also would say not to get overwhelmed about the magnitude of the problem. I need a mom, that's what! Alas.

What I really need is not nagging but to stop the nagging feeling that it doesn't matter. I need something good to happen. I've been holding myself up, like a suspension bridge, too long.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Who, "Won't Get Fooled Again"

Last line of the lyrics: "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Is that it?

Unknown said...

Yup, from the album "Who's Next?"

Anonymous said...

The song is also the title theme for "CSI: Miami" but I think it's a little out of place there.

Anonymous said...

Diane:

Are you going to the AWP Conference? I am--well--I am if I can come up with some money.

Greg Rappleye

The Lettershaper said...

Very much enjoyed my stroll through your blog...as a poet and an avid reader, I found it both an enlightening and enriching stay. I thank you...

Unknown said...

Greg, no, I won't be. I'd love to, but I don't have a good reason as my book did not get taken (sigh).

And I blew a lot of money last year on four (!) trips back east.